Granger Stage Station Historic Site
This adobe-covered stone structure was one of dozens of Overland Trail stage stations built in the 1850s. The original station, Ham's Fork, was a dugout affair built around 1850. It was replaced by the stone structure in 1856 and renamed South Bend Station. Horace Greeley and Mark Twain were just two of the thousands of passengers who passed through. Later, the Pony Express used the station as a stopover in 1861-1862. When Union Pacific Railroad construction arrived in 1868, the old stage station was overrun with workers who renamed the site Granger.
Granger Stage Station Historic Site is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media