Charles B. Hagood, an entrepreneur in Milton County, built the Hagood Store at the turn of the 20th Century. This brick structure housed a millinery, run by Bunche Devore, and a post office from 1902-1905, where Hagood served as the Postmaster. This general goods store sold a variety of products to Milton County residents and those living as far away as Sandy Springs. Buyers could find goods such as animal feed, ice cold sodas, and butter. Hagood sold the store in the 1920s. He served in the Georgia State House from 1915-1916.