The Dangar-Fowler house is an example of practical preservation. The original farm house dates from approximately 1890. Freitus and Bessie Dangar purchased the property in the early 1900s. The house and farm were passed down to Troy and Bertha Dangar Fowler. The house was expanded in the 1920s when upstairs bedrooms and porches were added. Harold and Jackie Light acquired the farm in 1975. Harold hand-built the traditional pole barn. The Shupert-Cavalier family purchased the home in 1989 and modified it extensively, keeping much of the original architectural elements intact.